Monday, March 01, 2010
Quilt Block of the Month # 1
My mom and I found another quilt block of the month class to go to. Her ward is having one once a month. It's $5 a month (after the initial $10 I think). The lady who runs it provides the material for the block each month and even cuts out all the pieces. The cutting itself is worth the $5. Most of the ladies stay at the class each month and sew their block there. But my mom and I would rather do the sewing at home so we just color the pattern and then make sure we know what is going on. It is a fun thing to do once a month and it gets me to do at least one block a month. I also get to learn a few new techniques here and there. Plus it is fun to see some of the ladies that I grew up with. They were shocked that I had 6 kids and was pregnant with my 7th. I think it made them feel old, because they were all my young women leaders and stuff. Plus I get to do a little quilting with my mom which is always fun. So here's my January block. I sewed it while watching Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, a classic. I like how the block turned out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment