Sunday, October 23, 2011

Jour 3: Lundi en France

We've done a lot of fun things in the past few days. I have to say that if you are going to visit France, the best way would be to stay with your brother and his family that has lived there for 20 years. John (my brother) and I have had a lot of fun spending time with family that we haven't seen in a long time. They've been treating us to some great French food (and there's a reason the French are known for their food--everything we've eaten has been awesome). I especially like their milk that doesn't have to be refrigerated before you open it, and the tradition of having a round of yogurt, cheese or chocolate at the end of every meal. I love it and think my kids would too. I've tried something they call white cheese (similar to plain yogurt) that you add sugar to and it is delicious. I'll have to take some pictures of some of their food later.


Monday we visited Sarah's school, which reminds me of either Hogwarts or the Provo Library. Stephanie also gave us a walking tour of Egletons. It was beautiful. Egletons is a little village up in the mountains of South Central France. I was especially impressed by the cathedral, I think the first that I've been in. It had beautiful statues and stained glass windows. Here are a few pictures of Sarah's school and downtown Egletons:






















1 comment:

Rob and Marseille said...

oh man. I really want to go to france now!