I think I've gotten out of my writing groove but maybe this will get me back into it.
Read 105 books this year -- Right now I've read 20 books, 1/5 of the way there. Unfortunately, we're almost half way through the year. Oh well. My reading count could pick up soon for two reasons. First, the library's adult summer reading program starts on Friday. The more books I read, the better the chances I have to win prizes. This is a good incentive for me. Secondly, I've been reading each of the girls a chapter from a different book before they go to bed a couple of times a week. I'm almost done with all the books and I'm counting them. It has been a good time with the girls and the books have been good.
Index 10,000 names--So far I've indexed 2700 names for the year. My indexing has dropped off the map. For some reason I'm having a hard time getting back in the habit. I'm going to try harder though because I know it is both rewarding and worthwhile.
Finish my 200 projects by Sept. 1 of next year--I'm at about 84 right now and I've gotten back into sewing so that has been fun. Sewing and doing projects are some of those things for me that help me feel good and like I'm accomplishing something.
Complete the $200 DMBA health challenge--I have successfully completed the first two DMBA challenges and am half-way through the third. For finishing the last one I got a great apple cutter and John got 2 free smoothies at Jamba Juice (which he gave to me because he no longer eats that sort of stuff). Very fun. I've kept up on my walking and find it very relaxing and therapeutic (which is what the current challenge focuses on).
Post on my blog once a week--I've kind of slacked off on this one too. I'm having a hard time getting excited enough about something to write about it. But I think I'm getting better.
Write in my journal at least 5 days a week--I've kept up with this goal for once. I think writing in my journal and reading my scriptures have gotten me through the last few months with my sanity intact. I'm grateful that I got into this habit before the baby died because like I said, it has really pulled me through.
Read the Book of Mormon and the Old Testament reading for the year: I'm doing well with the Book of Mormon and have challenged the kids to read it too. I also got the seminary manual for the Old Testament and have been working my way through it. I do better with some kind of structure in scripture study, especially with the OT so this has helped a lot.
Try to be nice to my kids and have fun with them--Tuesday nights are still on and I have been trying to read to them more (something I enjoy doing with them) so I think things are going OK. Hopefully, we'll be able to do some fun things as a family this summer. I'm trying to figure out some kind of schedule for the activities so that we actually do them, maybe a Wii day, a reading day, an art at the library day, a visit family day, movies days, etc. We'll see how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment