Sunday, April 13, 2008

Baby Brother

A couple of weeks ago my sister gave me a whole bunch of boy clothes. A friend of hers had had a premie baby and had put away all the regular size clothes, and then, when the boy got big enough, she couldn't find them, so she went out and bought new ones. (I think it is the strangest story I've ever heard. I would have looked a little harder, and these people are kind of on the poor side, but it is great for me and very generous of her to give them to me.) Anyway, so most of these clothes were still on the hangers from the store with the tags on them. It was amazing!! And the clothes are pretty nice and pretty much filled up our whole dresser.

ANYWAY, so last week I washed all the clothes and sorted them and put them away. As I was doing this Ruth was very excited about the whole thing. She asked me who the clothes were for, and I told her they were for the baby brother. So after that, she would come by periodically and tell anyone in ear shot, "These clothes are for our baby brother. Aren't they cute?"

Later that same day, some one knocked on the door. As I was getting up to answer it, Ruth said, "Hurry, Mom. I think it's our baby brother. I think he's here." I tried to explain to her why that probably wasn't going to happen, but she stayed pretty excited.

Then yesterday, Ruth told me out of the blue, "Mom, our baby brother is going to be here in a few days!!" I told her that it was more like a few months and that the baby brother was in my tummy and she could feel him kick if she wanted. She proceeded to give me a disgusted look, say, "Whatever!" and run off. Apparantly she will only accept an in-person appearance. Oh well, it is good to know that she is excited. And she's not the only one, just the most vocal.

1 comment:

LittleFamilyJL said...

I think that she's on to something there. It would be great to just have a baby ring the doorbell and come right in to join the family!