Sunday, March 25, 2007

"FUN" walk

Friday I went on a "FUN" walk at John's work. BYU has this whole program for employees and their spouses that's supposed to keep you healthy. Well, for part of it, every so often they have these fun walks around campus. I think they're something like a mile long. They start out down by the RB and go to upper campus and then come back down to where they started. This year, starting in September, you got something for each one you went to and the prizes get better for each consecutive one. Like I think for the first one we got some wristbands, then some hats, then some nice pedometers. This time we got some really nice water bottles.

Anyway we're really doing it because at the end you get like $30 in BYU foodservices gift certificates (each). We eat on campus a lot so why not? Plus it is relatively fun and the girls usually like it.

The last one was in the beginning of November when I was like 8 months pregnant. It was kind of hard because I was pushing Mary in the stroller. I remember being really sore.

This time though I was carrying Lily in a front baby carrier and pushing Mary in the stroller. It was tough. I'm not in very good shape but I thought if I did that every day I definitely would lose the weight and be buff. I was very sore after, in lots of weird places. But I made it and it was very nice outside (low 60's) and the girls really liked it. John carried Ruth on his back and pushed Emma in a stroller. I'm sure we were very funny looking but we had fun and it was a fun family (minus Kate who is in school--they have them at noonish) activity. Maybe next month I'll be in better shape.

Oh yeah. At the end they are supposed to have bananas and cookies and drinks but for the first couple of times we were too slow to get anything (they always run out). I'm proud to say that this time we at least made it for the cookies and we only barely missed the bananas. I think it was largely due to me no longer being pregnant. But maybe next time we'll make the bananas. There's always hope. Anyway it was lots of "FUN".

2 comments:

jjp said...

polo shirt next time, the time after that is $30 on campus dining, a case of water, and entry to win a treadmill...

Mom said...

You're doing better than me.... 1/2 block the other night with Rumples and I was turning around headed for home....