So here's my update for the month:
Read 100 books this year --I just finished my 61st book. I really need to pick up the pace on this one. I think I'll start trying to read at least a chapter a day and see how it goes.
Index 10,000 names--I just finished this. I was very excited because it seemed like a pretty big goal, but I just did a little a day and it added up fast.
Finish my 200 projects by Sept. 1 of next year--I actually pulled out my sewing machine and John made me shelves to organize my stuff. It is really nice. So far I've done 10 things, although I haven't posted about any of them. I'll do that later. I need to pick up the pace if I'm going to make it, but I've plans for lots of things so I should be OK.
Complete the $200 DMBA health challenge--I'm right on track to finish the current challenge and I've really enjoyed it. The current challenge is to exercise 3 times a week and it has given me an excuse to play on DDR and Wii Fit and go walking in the afternoons. It's all good.
Post on my blog once a week--I think I'm OK on this one but I have a lot of posts that I've thought about but haven't written yet so I'll have to work on getting some of those down.
Write in my journal at least 5 days a week--Still trying to work this one out. I haven't quite found a time that really clicks for me yet.
Finish reading the Book of Mormon and D&C by the end of the year--I think I'm OK on this one too. I haven't really worked out the numbers but I've at least been reading some every day. I'm in the middle of Alma and on section 13 in the D&C. I've found a good time that is consistant and that has helped a lot.
Get A's on all the beginning level songs on DDR--I actually have gotten A's on all the beginning levels on both I and II except for 2 songs and they are killer. I'm not sure if I will ever get them but I'll keep trying.
Make bags and organize toys--I still haven't done this. I keep getting distracted by other projects. But I still would like to try it soon.
Try to be nice to my kids and have fun with them--This is still my toughest goal. I started doing a little preschool with Lily and Adam, which is basically an excuse for me to plan to do some fun stuff with them. I've had mixed success, but I enjoy planning the stuff. I'm still doing Tuesday Nights Out with the girls and they all really like that. I've also been taking one of them with me to my Mom's on Saturday to work on my quilt and they seem to like that too. Last week Kate came with me and she got to use her sewing machine and make a pillow case with my mom and me. That was fun. It's all good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I saw you out walking the other afternoon and I must say I was a little jealous seeing you all by yourself in the crisp autumn air.
Yea, it's great when your oldest daughter finally is old enough to babysit for a little while--so liberating.
Tara---way to go on checking what your goals are periodically. I usually end up looking them up the next January and realizing I didn't do any of them...
Post a Comment